Monday, April 14, 2008

"Go Lindley Go"


Lindley Rose experiences her first team sport! She is playing soccer with UPWARD Sports through Riverside Baptist Church. This past Saturday was her first game and she played wonderfully! For Brian and me it is not about her becoming the best athlete, teaching her to be competitive or a winner, but it is about her being a part of something that helps her grow in character. My personal experiences from being part of a team are ones that I will treasure for a lifetime. Another benefit of her playing soccer is the time we get to spend as a family supporting Lindley. Isaac's new favorite thing to do is to watch Lindley play soccer and cheer her on. Emma even gets into the activity by having fun getting as dirty as possible! During the week Isaac randomly chants..."Go Lindley Go!". As parents will are trying our best to nurture this kind of support between the siblings. My relationship with my brothers is another thing that I treasure, and I hope our children will love and support each other in all the days to come. (Lindley is 4th from the right in the picture)

3 comments:

Sarah Argo said...

Lindley kicks butt!!!

Sarah Argo said...

Brian...are you using my account...I did not say "Lindley kicks butt!!!"...what is going on here?

Kate said...

I'm glad you are back, Mama! It's about stinking time! And Lindley does kick butt--she's got to be a born soccer player.